In order to operate in an efficient and secure manner, servers and network equipment require routine maintenance and upgrades.
While this maintenance occurs rarely, during routine kernel and other system updates we may require a server to be taken off-line or rebooted.
To minimize downtime during peak traffic hours on the Reitz Internet network it is necessary for support to periodically take servers and network equipment off-line for routine maintenance during scheduled off-peak periods.
This document defines Reitz Internet policy regarding the scheduling of network and server outage (offline) periods so that routine maintenance can be performed.
Three types of maintenance downtimes are defined:
- Routine Maintenance - A weekly short downtime necessary for quick updates and patches requiring reboots or restarts.
- Comprehensive Maintenance - A longer monthly or otherwise scheduled downtime necessary for more significant enhancements.
- Emergency Maintenance - A service affecting maintenance that is so severe it requires immediate attention.
The scheduled downtime intervals are:
- Routine Maintenance Window (Weekly) - Sunday mornings, from 12:00 AM until 6:00AM US Central Time, outages should not exceed 15 minutes unless other problems are encountered and will NOT be announced.
- Comprehensive Maintenance Window (Monthly or Scheduled) - First Saturday evening of every month from 8:00 PM until 8:00 AM US Central Time Sunday morning or otherwise scheduled and communicated to affected customers via your contact email address.
- Emergency Maintenance - This type of maintenance is inherently not scheduled and is only used in extreme circumstances. We will make our best effort to notify customers should this become necessary.
Every effort will be put forth by Reitz Internet to ensure that servers are taken off-line in a manner that will minimize interruption of connectivity and access to network and server resources.
Planned outages during these period will not fall under our 99.9% uptime guarantee.
This policy includes but is not limited to:
- Shared servers and accounts
- Reseller servers and accounts
- VPS servers and accounts
- Semi-dedicated servers and accounts
- Dedicated servers and accounts
- All network equipment
- Internal websites such as the reitzinternet.com
Major system upgrades may require additional downtime. Reitz Internet will make a reasonable effort to advise the Reitz Internet hosting community as far in advance as possible of any predicted extended outages.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to make sure that all services being provided on their servers are setup to come up automatically upon reboot or restart of the particular service you have with us. Reitz Internet will not be held responsible for any problems or service outages caused due to reboots during standard maintenance periods.
- Please contact us if you have any questions.